Common Questions Answered
How do I order a cake?
For a quick and simple quote, gather the following details to send us when making your cake request:
1. Date & time of your event. Please also specify if you need delivery and/or day-ahead pick up.
2. Number of Servings. This is the number of people you want the cake to feed, an approximation is just fine.
3. Theme or Concept. Don't hesitate to save picture examples of themes you like and send them with your request. This is very helpful if you are looking for a range of quotes for your prince range.
4. Dietary Notes. Please mention up front if you require any specialty dietary considerations. We can cater to most dietary restrictions with proper notice.
5. Budget. No two cakes are the same and no two budgets are alike either. There isn't a "price list" when it comes to customization so we always try to work within your budget to give you the work of art you are set on without breaking the bank.
Is a deposit required? What is the cancellation policy?
A £40 deposit is required for all orders over £100.
A £20 deposit is required to cover ordering of special items such as: custom toppers (acrylic, diamante), non-edible special request items provided by us but kept by you (ie: Barbie doll in a doll cake) and edible image printing.
*Not applicable if total order is over £100.
Deposits are due within 7 days of booking (confirmation sent by email).
Within 48 hours if cake is due within 14 days.
Final payment can be made at any time before the due date via PayPal or bank transfer (installments are welcome). Otherwise full payment in cash will be required upon pick up or delivery.
Deposit is non-refundable. Cancellation within 48 hours of due date will require full payment of total amount owing.
Can I arrange for delivery?
We offer delivery within a 50 mile radius of Dollar, Clackmannanshire (FK14) for a flat rate of £0.45/mile one-way (from our kitchen to your venue/home). Delivery costs will be included in your final price quote and is due payable upon receipt of the cake.
Can I make changes to my order? When will you start to make my cake?
We welcome any changes and updates to your order up to 10 days before the due date, however please keep in mind this may incur further charges.
A typical order goes in the oven approximately 2 full days before the due date. At this point your cake artist will spend the next 48 hours baking, designing, preparing, crumb coating, icing and finally, decorating your masterpiece. For very elaborate designs, the process can take up to 5 days. Very large orders (several dozen cupcakes, 5 tier+ cakes) can be baked up to a month in advance and frozen until 3 - 5 days before the event when it will be thawed, prepared and decorated.
Can you cater to my dietary restrictions?
We can make egg free, nut free, dairy free, & gluten free cakes. These orders must be placed at least 3 weeks in advance. I'm sorry, we do not offer vegan cakes at this time. We can only accommodate one allergy per cake with the only exception being nut free.
Do you offer tastings?
We only offer tastings for wedding orders at this time. We will arrange a date and time for you to visit our kitchen and you and your fiance will be offered a selection of the flavors you chose in your consultation along with coffee, tea or juice.